* Going to sleep at 9 p.m. and waking up at 6 a.m.
* Having margarita happy hour and ice cream every night
* Watching Law & Order before bed
* Doing my taxes on the beach
* Getting the top of my feet sunburned
* Watching my husband, understandably p.o’d when our luggage went missing, actually speak Spanish (he said “Hay una problema” rather heatedly, which was so cute)
* Having a fish taco for lunch on the beach and falling asleep afterward
* Watching a clown make his dog run through hoops at night in front of rows of tiny children. Oh, and I was eating ice cream.
* Watching Joslyn’s dad, who looks like Ernest Hemingway, flash his tan belly to a young, pretty salesgirl he knows.
* Not having that stressed out — nuclear meltdown in my stomach — type of attack that is normal at my day job.
* Going jogging with my husband, deciding it was horrible, and not doing it ever again down there.
* Going in very tenatively into 50 degree Zihuatenejo water and feeling sorry for the actor I watched last week dive into Manhattan beach water, which must have been about 20 degrees.
* Order eggs well done for my husband with a lethal combination of my ancient Spanish and Charades skills.
* Being grateful Joslyn shooed a dog away from me at breakfast, because she knows they paralyze me with terror.
Thank you, thank you.